:: Wednesday, November 03, 2004

stake


We went up the hill to Debbie’s after school today. She is the puppies other Nana.

She had a kidney removed a few weeks ago, a tumourously nasty one. And now that it’s back from Biopsyland she has it in a jar at home. Where all good (and not so good) kidneys should be after requiring removal.

Anyway, it was fascinating to see a real human kidney up close like that (even if it had been sliced up into chunks). It was even more interesting to see what a tumour looks like. Cos some of it didn’t look like I imagined from all those medical shows on TV.

Doesn’t it make you glad that some of our organs come in bulk?

It does me, otherwise I wouldn’t have seen that one, would I?

And Debbie wouldn’t be here any more, either :-(

The puppies are one week old today.