:: Thursday, November 04, 2004

The sleep of the just


These anti-epilepsy drugs to stop the jerking spasms that the doc put me on when my chemo failed and the MS took off have done a good job of stopping the jerking spasms. I find that a bit of a blessing. It was hoped the medication would also stop the burning legs (and now arm) but it hasn’t managed to do that cos they are still burning. Well, still pretending to be burning. I could be imagining them pretending to be burning, in which case, I would be a complete fruitcake, wouldn’t I?

Oh yeah, I am.

Anyway, one of the side effects of the meds is that they induce great sleepiness in some of those who take it. How I would differentiate this from the normal extreme fatigue and sleepiness that the MS brings in it’s wee basket of goodies, I have no idea. I’ll think about it when I wake up.

You could say that I am sleeping my life away. Not that it really matters, I wasn’t doing anything with it anyway.