
:: Tuesday, November 23, 2004
Time in a bottle
Have you ever wondered what you would change if you could turn back time and do stuff all over again?
Nah, of course you haven’t - not in the past week, anyway.
But when you did think about it, what time frame did you think you wanted to roll back? Was it a month or a year or five years or ten? More?
I do, I think about it lots. And I know how far I want to roll back, too. Right back to the very beginning, to whenever the genetic blueprint that would become me was implanted. And then I’d chose a different egg and sperm to deliver the payload. I mean, it couldn’t be much worse than this, could it? Ok, so it could be worse - a lot worse in fact. But it could also be a shitload better.
Only, I would want to know everything I know now, but back then so that I didn’t have to experience any of the past 40 years of shit again.
Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 40 years good Karma.
Random.
Now, how about you? How deep would you like to dig to change something, anything (everything?) in the past? Cos, if we did that, we wouldn’t be who we are now, today. And we might not be better people for it, hmmm.
I think I’d rather be a rich, healthy, shallow, adored and desired Barbie all the same, if that’s ok with you.
We can start tomorrow, God; that would be fine with me

Nah, of course you haven’t - not in the past week, anyway.
But when you did think about it, what time frame did you think you wanted to roll back? Was it a month or a year or five years or ten? More?
I do, I think about it lots. And I know how far I want to roll back, too. Right back to the very beginning, to whenever the genetic blueprint that would become me was implanted. And then I’d chose a different egg and sperm to deliver the payload. I mean, it couldn’t be much worse than this, could it? Ok, so it could be worse - a lot worse in fact. But it could also be a shitload better.
Only, I would want to know everything I know now, but back then so that I didn’t have to experience any of the past 40 years of shit again.
Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 40 years good Karma.
Random.
Now, how about you? How deep would you like to dig to change something, anything (everything?) in the past? Cos, if we did that, we wouldn’t be who we are now, today. And we might not be better people for it, hmmm.
I think I’d rather be a rich, healthy, shallow, adored and desired Barbie all the same, if that’s ok with you.
We can start tomorrow, God; that would be fine with me



