:: Friday, October 28, 2005

Down memory lane, again


Where were you in 1978? What were you listening to?

What movies were you watching?

In 1978, this was unleashed on an unsuspecting public:



That's right, that was the year that Clint Eastwood and his sidekick Clyde (aka Manis in real life) hit the big screen in the movie "Every Which Way But Loose", followed in 1980 by "Any Which Way You Can" which I don't remember being as funny.

A bit of booze, a bit of sex (even the ape gets laid), a lot of fighting and some real belly laughs, not to mention some bloody awful country music courtesy of Sondra Locke, Clint's one-time, long-time live-in love.

I said not to mention it **shudders**

I introduced Adam to the movie tonight and he reckoned it was a real winner. Seeing it for the first time in 25 years and through adult eyes, I felt it had stood the test of time rather well.

A right little "ripper", in fact, definitely worth the hireage.