:: Monday, December 05, 2005

Got Vertigo





Tickets to the St Patrick's Day U2 concert went on sale at 9 this morning. I trundled my butt up to the Post Shop at 6.30 but there was only one person waiting, so I came home again for another coffee and sort the kids out for school. When I went back at 7am there was still only 2 people waiting, but I settled in anyway cos third in line looked like a damn fine place to be.

At 8.30 they let us in and started taking booking details to speed things up at 9 when the booking office was available and everyone was very excited at being so close to having a ticket for The Big Event.

Then at 9 when they logged into the Ticketmaster system, it crashed.

It crashed at most of the other outlets as well. The phone lines were overloaded, the computer system was frozen and a fax came through at 9.20 that the general admission seats were all but sold out and those wanting the Reserve seating (like us) would have to use the phones or the website to get any of the tickets left available.

We all went home.

I was a bit glum and txt'd poor Flatty that we had missed out, knowing how damned disappointed he was gonna be but decided there was nothing to lose by hitting the 0800 number and the website bookings anyway, so phone in one hand and mouse in the other (no hand free to hold a coffee, dammit) I started redialing and refreshing as fast as my little fingers could go. And 35 minutes later, I was into the website and very glad I had pre-registered a couple of weeks ago cos I had 5 seats booked and paid for in no time flat.

OK, so they aren't the $199 Reserve A seats we wanted, but they ARE $130 Reserve B and so we are still sitting down, and all is right in my world.

Well, until the next mini-crisis looms.

Go MEEEEE!!!