
:: Monday, December 06, 2004
Intrigue
I haven’t done a painting for a wee while now, and this one popped into my head last night. It is also included in the book my Mum bought me many years ago that I mentioned earlier.
It’s called “Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy”
by David Hockney.
The full size version is here
I have no idea what fascinates me about this one - it’s contemporary, it’s acrylic, it’s not particularly lifelike… I just like it for some reason.
I know, it’s probably the decadence and affluence implied by the shagpile carpet.
The shallow bitch wins again :-)

It’s called “Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy”
by David Hockney.
The full size version is here
I have no idea what fascinates me about this one - it’s contemporary, it’s acrylic, it’s not particularly lifelike… I just like it for some reason.
I know, it’s probably the decadence and affluence implied by the shagpile carpet.
The shallow bitch wins again :-)



