:: Wednesday, December 01, 2004

On the eve of destruction


Yesterday was the last day of November.

It was also the end of a long and very self-serving period of self-denial.

Tomorrow will be my birthday. But yesterday was the beginning of my deathday. I just don’t feel the same any more. Insistent, persistent limitations and expectations have shown some new truths. I have plenty to think about.

Anyway, I figured that a new year was cause for a more detailed and personal diary, one to keep on my computer, not one to share with the world (you know, stuff they really would order my huggy-jacket for). So, I’ve been trawling the freeware sites and downloading stuff to play with and I gotta say, there are some seriously UGLY pieces of software lurking in rubbish bins across the internet. Some are so awful, they are offensive.

OK, I know that everyone is a critic, but knowing how to write some code and being able to make it look good are NOT the same thing. At all.

Whereas, we all know what wonderful visual talents I possess, don’t we, hmmm?

:-D