:: Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just keeping abreast


Ads and I just attended his parent teacher interview with his new teacher, it's the first time I have seen her. The woman looks 45 if she's a day with a couple of very prominent DD boobs and is wearing a tight-fitting, low cut red stretchy top with the massive mammaries' cleavage prominently displayed while she leans forward over a student desk throughout the interview. Adam says she often dresses that way and believe me, it's really not a pretty sight.

Still can't for the life of me figure out how a teacher expects full attention from a bunch of early-pubescent boys with her tits on display like that. What happened to appropriate professional dress in the workplace? Even the tech tutors never dressed like that and they work in an adult environment where at least it might be considered less inappropriate.

Definitely par for the course that we have come to expect from Tauranga Intermediate, standards-wise though.

Sad.

We are still waiting for their administration to do something about kids bikes being tampered with in the bike compound - Adam has had some 20 odd punctures and/or deflations this school year alone. I was thinking he was doing it himself, but now Im not quite so sure - his tyres were up when I picked him up from school yesterday (I was there before the bell went and had "staked out", camera in hand the bike area albeit with Adam's help cos he sprung me whilst out on an errand for his teacher) but another kid had a flat tyre on the rear wheel and it happens to other kids, too. I told Ads that he should, on any day, assume that I'm hiding in one of the hiding places that I have spotted, taking pics of his bike at end of school. Funnily enough, the school just installed security cameras around the campus to curb bullying incidents within the school but they neglected to put one in the bike compound despite being aware for at least 8 months that there is a problem there.

Tauranga Intermediate School is no better at dealing with bullying and property destruction issues now than it was 30 odd years ago when Rae and I were there. But they have the same sort of useless administrative leadership now as they did then, too. Why do I have to go to these lengths to protect my kid's property?

Nothing changes, it seems, just the faces.