
:: Monday, March 27, 2006
Wati ya doin' here
Cyclone Wati has been creeping down the Tasman Sea and though downgraded from Cyclone status has made its presence felt here tonight with a burst of torrential rain that saw the laundry, Heather's room, a bit of Adam's room and some of the back hallway once more under water thanks to the neighbours fucking eucalyptus tree whose roots have raised the slope of the driveway a tad, changing the drainage and once more sent all their runoff down our driveway in a vast sheet of water and through one end of my house when the stormwater drain can't keep up with the volume (it actually looks quite cool and I'd take a pic if it wasn't dark and, like, pouring with rain and my house wasn't, like, flooding and stuff).
So the driveway barricade now in place, the worst of the mess has finally been mopped up and the rest can wait until tomorrow and the rain has stopped for now. Both kids have been forced to camp out in the lounge because their rooms are all but uninhabitable until they dry out a bit. Adam is getting a cold and losing his voice so I'm sure his efforts in the rain tonight will contribute to that situation. AND I missed "Hannibal" on TV.
Just fucking charming.
Poor bastards in Queensland.
In the meantime, here is Merlin basking in the sporadic sunshine this afternoon. I should have dunked him in a bucket of soapy water and mopped the car with him, ready for the Power Rinse cycle tonight.

Lazy shit.
In fact, I could go out and do that right now ready for the next downpour - then it won't rain again. Murphy's Law. And Flatty can't give me shit cos it's filthy.

So the driveway barricade now in place, the worst of the mess has finally been mopped up and the rest can wait until tomorrow and the rain has stopped for now. Both kids have been forced to camp out in the lounge because their rooms are all but uninhabitable until they dry out a bit. Adam is getting a cold and losing his voice so I'm sure his efforts in the rain tonight will contribute to that situation. AND I missed "Hannibal" on TV.
Just fucking charming.
Poor bastards in Queensland.
In the meantime, here is Merlin basking in the sporadic sunshine this afternoon. I should have dunked him in a bucket of soapy water and mopped the car with him, ready for the Power Rinse cycle tonight.

Lazy shit.
In fact, I could go out and do that right now ready for the next downpour - then it won't rain again. Murphy's Law. And Flatty can't give me shit cos it's filthy.



