
:: Tuesday, December 07, 2004
WeBlog, we blog
How many of you actually take my blog seriously?
Oh, more than I thought.
The word “blog” sounds silly to my ear - it always did. But the concept it represented of a freedom to disseminate information at the individual’s rate, in the individual’s style, in the indivual’s own voice was something that had always interested me in a collective sense. I liked the concept of mass communicating (as opposed to mass debating). Cobwebs, tentatively reaching out and touching random people in random ways and to do it in real time and yet for posterity as well. Instead of writing books that can never be published and never experienced, blogging allows each and every person the chance to be heard by someone in passing, anywhere around the Village. And that’s kind of nice, isn’t it?
Everyone needs to be heard somehow.
And we obviously are, to some extent. You’re here, aren’t you? Want to see who else reads a blog?
About.com reports:
60% are males and 40% are females
61% have a total income of more than $60,000 per year
54% uses dial-up Internet connection and 46% uses broadband
73% have been online for more than 5 years.
How’s that pigeonhole, folks? Nice and comfy?
So, if you have ever wondered how I came to be writing this for you to be reading (don’t be shy, I can see you), follow this LINK and you can read in depth about the history of blogging and where it came from.
To find out what makes us tick, you can visit this LINK to a blog by a guy who asked bloggers why they blog. It was so thorough, I felt I had to add it to my blog.
And if you want to know what is making you come here and read this shit, click on this LINK and type in “why am I here".
Enjoy.

Oh, more than I thought.
The word “blog” sounds silly to my ear - it always did. But the concept it represented of a freedom to disseminate information at the individual’s rate, in the individual’s style, in the indivual’s own voice was something that had always interested me in a collective sense. I liked the concept of mass communicating (as opposed to mass debating). Cobwebs, tentatively reaching out and touching random people in random ways and to do it in real time and yet for posterity as well. Instead of writing books that can never be published and never experienced, blogging allows each and every person the chance to be heard by someone in passing, anywhere around the Village. And that’s kind of nice, isn’t it?
Everyone needs to be heard somehow.
And we obviously are, to some extent. You’re here, aren’t you? Want to see who else reads a blog?
About.com reports:
60% are males and 40% are females
61% have a total income of more than $60,000 per year
54% uses dial-up Internet connection and 46% uses broadband
73% have been online for more than 5 years.
How’s that pigeonhole, folks? Nice and comfy?
So, if you have ever wondered how I came to be writing this for you to be reading (don’t be shy, I can see you), follow this LINK and you can read in depth about the history of blogging and where it came from.
To find out what makes us tick, you can visit this LINK to a blog by a guy who asked bloggers why they blog. It was so thorough, I felt I had to add it to my blog.
And if you want to know what is making you come here and read this shit, click on this LINK and type in “why am I here".
Enjoy.



