:: Tuesday, March 01, 2005

on being noticed


I gave someone notice the other night; one calendar month, formal notice as opposed to his notice so informal as to require actually asking "are you giving me notice then?' which is what I got not so long ago.

Twat.

I decided that working in this environment for another 2 months for the princely sum of $7 per day after tax, yes, I said "day" was not exactly compensating me for the stress and the health issues holding this pathetic position creates.

I ain't mopping up the blood for him, not this time.

Not when it's mine.

_____________________________________
February 27th 2005

The Manager
**************

Hello *****

In lieu of any employment contract with a stated "notice period", I hereby give you, as manager, notice of one calendar month, based on current retainer payment frequency that my employment with ************** will cease at midnight on March 31st, with an expectation that all monies owed to me at that time be deposited to my bank account the following week, as currently occurs.

I will, of course, continue to perform my ******* ********** and **** ********* duties as covered by my retainer until that time unless advised otherwise. All other services will continue to be assessed and billed at either the ************** rate of $**/hour or the client rate of $**/hour and accepted for completion at my discretion.

Regards
****** *****

_____________________________________

I said it was formal.

Fuck him. Oh yeah, I already did that. **yawn**

Oops, did I type that out loud? ;-)

I'm getting so sick now that I'm looking forward to the opportunity to lock the door and go to sleep for a few years. Maybe when I wake up someone will have found a cure.

Maybe it's time to just accept that I really am sick...

Nah.

Cryogenesis, anyone?

While you are waiting for me to cool off, have look at the finalists for the 2005 Bloggies Awards. You'll be glad you did.

Really.

Go on, don't be so bloody conservative all the time...