
:: Saturday, July 09, 2005
The The Green Manalishi
You've heard of Clapton, you've heard of Fleetwood Mac; you've heard of Santana and you've probably even heard of cows. But have you heard of Peter Green?
Ok, so you probably have, but I don't know where I've been for the past 40 years cos I hadn't.
More Clapton than Eric (he replaced Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers); more Santana than Carlos (he wrote Black Magic Woman); no weight around the neck of Fleetwood and McVie (he wrote Albatross, too) this guy is awesome.
And you know I'm not one to rave.
I hooked into an album of guitar music a few weeks ago and forgot I had. Sometimes discovering lost downloads can be a real pleasure.
So, there was this track on it by Peter Green and my jaw just dropped. Then there was a track by a guy named Snowy White. And no, I hadn't heard of him before, either. He played with people like Thin Lizzy, Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour and Gary Moore. He's pretty awesome, too.
There were some amazing blues musicians came out of Britain. I should have been born 10 years earlier.

Ok, so you probably have, but I don't know where I've been for the past 40 years cos I hadn't.
More Clapton than Eric (he replaced Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers); more Santana than Carlos (he wrote Black Magic Woman); no weight around the neck of Fleetwood and McVie (he wrote Albatross, too) this guy is awesome.
And you know I'm not one to rave.
I hooked into an album of guitar music a few weeks ago and forgot I had. Sometimes discovering lost downloads can be a real pleasure.
So, there was this track on it by Peter Green and my jaw just dropped. Then there was a track by a guy named Snowy White. And no, I hadn't heard of him before, either. He played with people like Thin Lizzy, Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour and Gary Moore. He's pretty awesome, too.
There were some amazing blues musicians came out of Britain. I should have been born 10 years earlier.



