
:: Sunday, July 03, 2005
And now for the news
Have you ever noticed that some news items have the stupidest headlines?
No, me either.

And in the picture above, I failed to notice that a dune buggy was missing its owner ( I supposed they asked it); impersonators concern Gisborne police (what sort of impersonaters? female? police? Elvis? what, what); that someone should keep smoking students in schools (so what will they smoke at home?); there have been two arrests in the Burger King case (which is what, I wonders to myself - food poisoning? robbery? murder? mass suicide by those who eat that slop? suitcase? nutcase? hardcase?).
Some more stupid headlines I gathered off the net. I don't know whether they are real or not. If they are real, there are some seriously fucked up people working in journalism.
Crack Found on Governor's Daughter (what? Her polyfilla got away?)
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash (ayuh)
Prostitutes Appeal to Pope (male? female? child? dom/subs? what??)
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over (he da man)
Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge (he runs the electric fence now)
Kids Make Nutritious Snacks (I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one)
I mean, come on people. I think I'll have some of what they're having, thanks.
However, whilst I may have missed all those headlines above, I could not ignore this bit of news.
This is how not to park your dinghy. Or your ferry.
Not even in British Columbia.

"British Columbia Ferries says the boat, "The Queen of Oak Bay," lost power and missed the terminal berth".
No shit. It looks pretty terminal to me.
"I want a new drug
One that won’t spill
One that don’t cost too much
Or come in a pill" - Huey Lewis and the News

No, me either.

And in the picture above, I failed to notice that a dune buggy was missing its owner ( I supposed they asked it); impersonators concern Gisborne police (what sort of impersonaters? female? police? Elvis? what, what); that someone should keep smoking students in schools (so what will they smoke at home?); there have been two arrests in the Burger King case (which is what, I wonders to myself - food poisoning? robbery? murder? mass suicide by those who eat that slop? suitcase? nutcase? hardcase?).
Some more stupid headlines I gathered off the net. I don't know whether they are real or not. If they are real, there are some seriously fucked up people working in journalism.
Crack Found on Governor's Daughter (what? Her polyfilla got away?)
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash (ayuh)
Prostitutes Appeal to Pope (male? female? child? dom/subs? what??)
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over (he da man)
Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge (he runs the electric fence now)
Kids Make Nutritious Snacks (I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one)
I mean, come on people. I think I'll have some of what they're having, thanks.
However, whilst I may have missed all those headlines above, I could not ignore this bit of news.
This is how not to park your dinghy. Or your ferry.
Not even in British Columbia.

"British Columbia Ferries says the boat, "The Queen of Oak Bay," lost power and missed the terminal berth".
No shit. It looks pretty terminal to me.
"I want a new drug
One that won’t spill
One that don’t cost too much
Or come in a pill" - Huey Lewis and the News



