
:: Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Prophet or profit
Well, I finally did it; after years of listening to people talk about how great the Celestine Prophecy books were (the poor, sick bastards), I borrowed Deb's ones and got stuck in. And may I say what a dreadful load of bollocks they were, both the Celestine Prophecy and the Tenth Insight that follows it.
Of course I can say it, it's my blog.
These books are awful; bad writing, crappy dialogue, an over-abundance of spirito/psycho-babble using really big words to cover up for this author apparently ignoring Cheech and Chong's very good advice not to touch the green acid, Man. Just plain abyssmal and if you combine the two books gives you almost 500 pages of abyssmal. I've even read the first 20 pages of the third book and it's just as bad, but in a completely different sort of way. It almost makes "Conversations with God" (which I never finished and lent to Mark to read instead) good. Nah, I take it back, not even this crap can make that crap look good.
And while looking for the links to the author's site tonight, I found others who feel as I do, if not more so. And this guy does it sooo much better than me.
There are a lot of people in need of major psychological help out there.
And he smust have made a shitload of money from his little cash cows; he's sold over 10 million copies of the CP alone and a similar number of Tenth Insight. You can visit his site here, if you really must.
I think I'll go back to Angels and Demons - at least Dan Brown makes sense.

Of course I can say it, it's my blog.
These books are awful; bad writing, crappy dialogue, an over-abundance of spirito/psycho-babble using really big words to cover up for this author apparently ignoring Cheech and Chong's very good advice not to touch the green acid, Man. Just plain abyssmal and if you combine the two books gives you almost 500 pages of abyssmal. I've even read the first 20 pages of the third book and it's just as bad, but in a completely different sort of way. It almost makes "Conversations with God" (which I never finished and lent to Mark to read instead) good. Nah, I take it back, not even this crap can make that crap look good.
And while looking for the links to the author's site tonight, I found others who feel as I do, if not more so. And this guy does it sooo much better than me.
There are a lot of people in need of major psychological help out there.
And he smust have made a shitload of money from his little cash cows; he's sold over 10 million copies of the CP alone and a similar number of Tenth Insight. You can visit his site here, if you really must.
I think I'll go back to Angels and Demons - at least Dan Brown makes sense.



