
:: Friday, February 03, 2006
Vain
The invention of the internet and computers and digital imagery did for graphics and pictures what cheap and easy access to paper did for vanity publishing; it let everyone who wanted to create, publish and distribute what they saw in their mind's eye to a far wider audience than would otherwise have been possible. Not since the invention of cave walls and pigments on a stick has there been anything like a common or garden household computer to allow anyone who can take a photo and use a mouse the ability to turn out their own, personal Masterpiece.

to

Not Vanity Publishing, more like Vanity Exhibiting. I suppose that makes us exhibitionists.
I quite like this one, I might leave it on my desktop for a few days. Isn't it funny how you can't beat the real thing for an intrinsic purity. That's bullshitese for realism.
You knew that, huh.


to

Not Vanity Publishing, more like Vanity Exhibiting. I suppose that makes us exhibitionists.
I quite like this one, I might leave it on my desktop for a few days. Isn't it funny how you can't beat the real thing for an intrinsic purity. That's bullshitese for realism.
You knew that, huh.



