:: Thursday, March 30, 2006

Paging David Rhodes


I'm sick with a cold. The kids are, too.

I hate colds. Sometimes when I get sick, I get a little grouchy, you know? And then I tend to be a little more forthright than my usual calm and diplomatic self is. And then I sort of stop suffering fools too gladly and lean more towards telling it like it is.

I received a David Rhodes chain letter in the mail the other day. You can always tell before you open then what they are - they sort of ooze bovine stuff through the envelope. Anyway, instead of getting the name off it, returning to sender at the address and writing "This is illegal, I'm going to send it to Internal Affairs" on it, this time I looked the person up in the phone book and found their number and rang them. Imagine my delight in getting an answering machine, all primed and ready to take my message.

I said:
"I have received a David Rhodes chain letter from S. Adams at this address
15 *h*c*e*t* Place. These are illegal so I will be forwarding yours to Internal Affairs".

I hope they liked their message. I've had over 50 of these chainletter thingies; I think it's getting a little bit OTT now. Unless, of course, you're NZPost. That's why I send them back, because NZPost don't make any money off return to sender. Besides, they rip us off enough on postage costs for everything we buy on Trade Me.