
:: Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Build and rebuild
On Friday and Saturday I built Flattie's new PC (one of the two Compaqs I bought last week). On Monday and Tuesday I built the kids new PC (the other Compaq). I spent all day today rebuilding the kids old PC for Reg and tomorrow Reg's old PC gets a rebuild for Joan to use. Joan's old PC does NOT get a rebuild, it gets hidden deep in a cupboard somewhere out of site because it's a crappy old Dell and runs like a dripping tap. If I can stand the size of the job, next week I might rebuild mine. I've been putting it off because, with over 70 pieces of software to reload, it's not the sort of thing one does because they are bored.
Despite spending so much time looking at a monitor, Adam and I sat up last night until 1am (and Level 12) playing this Escape Game.
You can play it too, if you are bored.
In other news, some cretinous old shart hassled the kids as they were getting out of the car at the supermarket the other night because we were parked in a disability carpark space. Of course, that's why I've had a disability card for the past 4.5 years, so that I can park there if I need to. But the stupid old prick (who Ad's said had a bandage on his leg) didn't hang around to see who got out, or whether there was indeed a card, or in fact anything at all, he fucked off in a hurry preferring to just harrass a couple of kids instead ("who's disabled them, hmm?" "Mum is" "yeah, I bet" said in THAT tone) as he vanished into the darkness of the carpark. I suggested to the kids that they go after him and tell him "Mum sez you're a fuckwit and is happy to make your good leg match the other one for free" but they chickened out. Well, it WAS dark, I suppose...
I figure they could have outrun some grumpy codger with a gammy leg easy enough, if he took exception.

Despite spending so much time looking at a monitor, Adam and I sat up last night until 1am (and Level 12) playing this Escape Game.
You can play it too, if you are bored.
In other news, some cretinous old shart hassled the kids as they were getting out of the car at the supermarket the other night because we were parked in a disability carpark space. Of course, that's why I've had a disability card for the past 4.5 years, so that I can park there if I need to. But the stupid old prick (who Ad's said had a bandage on his leg) didn't hang around to see who got out, or whether there was indeed a card, or in fact anything at all, he fucked off in a hurry preferring to just harrass a couple of kids instead ("who's disabled them, hmm?" "Mum is" "yeah, I bet" said in THAT tone) as he vanished into the darkness of the carpark. I suggested to the kids that they go after him and tell him "Mum sez you're a fuckwit and is happy to make your good leg match the other one for free" but they chickened out. Well, it WAS dark, I suppose...
I figure they could have outrun some grumpy codger with a gammy leg easy enough, if he took exception.



