
:: Thursday, April 06, 2006
Rite of way
Today Heather exercised her right to apply for, sit the test and receive her learner's permit. Yes, the roads will no longer be as safe as they were, there will be one more attitude-laden teenager out there learning to drive.
Her grandfather exercised his right to open his wallet and pay for it as a slightly belated 15th birthday present.
I guess having the knowledge and services of one still current and one ex driving instructor in the immediate family might cancel out the abyssmal lessons in "How Not To Drive A Car" that her father has spent his life teaching the kids whenever a vehicle was involved, but I'm still not convinced she should go anywhere near the driver's seat in my car - in case she does to mine what I did to Reg's at the same age.
*shudder*
I'm too old, young tired for this shit.

Her grandfather exercised his right to open his wallet and pay for it as a slightly belated 15th birthday present.
I guess having the knowledge and services of one still current and one ex driving instructor in the immediate family might cancel out the abyssmal lessons in "How Not To Drive A Car" that her father has spent his life teaching the kids whenever a vehicle was involved, but I'm still not convinced she should go anywhere near the driver's seat in my car - in case she does to mine what I did to Reg's at the same age.
*shudder*
I'm too old, young tired for this shit.



