:: Sunday, August 27, 2006

Saving Grace


I have been on a cleaning bender today - you know, picking up the junk and cups/spoons/plates/shit that 2 lazy, argumentative, messy, inconsiderate, teenage brats leave lying around every communal area the house has. Along the way, I straightened/checked/organised the DVD collection and found 7 disks in the wrong cases, 3 DVDs that I hadn't copied yet and 2 that the copy was completely missing from the case and not anywhere to be found (that I had forgotten to sort out from earlier this year).

You see, being naturally suspicious of the aforementioned small, messy people's ability to louse up my cataloguing and generally forget to put their disks back in the right case (yet they are great with disks we borrow from Muzz *shrug*), we often have an assortment of DVDs lying around, bare of all protection so whenever I buy a DVD I make a backup copy for the kids to use and put the original away carefully in my Sacred Place.

That's my desk drawer, pervert. All my software and all my movies/music videos live there not far from the filing cabinet so that, in the event of fire, its easy to grab disks, documents and my PC all at the same time. In fact, we had an evacuation plan for the house - should it catch fire, Reg was to grab the disks and docs, I'd grab the PC and we'd come back for the kids if there was time. Of course, now the kids are bigger, they can grab something each as well and one of THEM can go back for the dog. I'm sure Nushie would appreciate such thoughtfulness.

So tonight I spent the evening making back up copies of 'Van Helsing', 'A Knight's Tale' and 'Almost Famous' and replacing the missing 'Jakob The Liar' and 'What Dreams May Come' disks while attempting to watch (and appreciate) Scary Movie 3.

Anyway, I don't actually have a point except that some mongrel (and they have been missing since about February) has wandered off with 2 DVDs, left the cases behind and no-one seems to know where they went. And nicking 2 of my Robin Williams DVDs is incredibly bad form and I hope their earholes turn into arseholes and shit all down there shoulders. With any luck, they'll eat some of their 37kg p/a share of undercooked chicken first and have a goodly dose of campylobacter at the time.

That's called poetic justice.

Amen.

PS - play 'spot the typo' in the final paragraph, I'm not even going to fix it. Have you any idea how many times I edit these posts before leaving them to posterity as they are? That's right, just as you thought.