:: Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dream on


Ok, so I did it. I couldn't help myself. But I'm not the slightest bit sorry.

I bought a DVD; the Visual One demanded it.

I bought a copy of one of my favourite movies - "What Dreams May Come". Now, you may have heard of this film or you may have seen this film, and while I may be a closet mushy romantic who almost thinks to snivel at the end of "Ghost" (you know, the one with the yummy young version of Patrick Swayze and the delightful Whoopi Goldberg) and then only cos everyone else does, that is definitely NOT why I bought this. I bought it cos of the way cool images in it.

Stunning images.

The focus of the movie has to be the most amazing blended array of visual imagery that can be seen in one place; with a unique style something akin to Claude Monet

Monet

meets Francisco de Goya.

Goya

On acid. And it's hard to see where physical movie set meets computer graphics mastery.

Unfortunately, there are very few of the stunning movie images actually available to "borrow" off the net and the ones that are there don't do it justice, so I will just have to wait until I finally get around to buying a DVD jobbie to go in Ol' Shitbox before I can take some decent screenshots. Until then, you (like me) will just have to be satisfied with these ones.

Robin Williams





Stephen Hannock

Having Robin Williams in it was definitely an added bonus. That marvellous man with the rubber face that looks like it feels more on the outside than most people feel on the inside totally rocks.

You don't have to have a WETA, Pete, to make it look a billion dollars. Besides, in 9 hours, I can watch this 6 times ;-)

(Imagine how good it would have been with Gary Sinise in there, too...)


Reading: some scary supernatural shit
Listening to: Rob Thomas - Lonely No More

"I don't wanna be lonely no more
I don't wanna have to pay for this"
- Rob