
:: Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Historia 2
If I could live in any house in town, I would live here. I utterly adore this house.
This is “Maungawhare", built in 1878, and still standing gracefully on a ridge at Otumoetai, not far from “Woodhill", in Parkvale Road, just off Grange Road.
My favourite place is here.
Our family cemetery, going back to my great-great-great grandmother Olivia Kensington who was buried there in 1896.
One of her daughters lived in this house.
Who said dead people are boring? Even their tall, mossy gravestones are fascinating.

This is “Maungawhare", built in 1878, and still standing gracefully on a ridge at Otumoetai, not far from “Woodhill", in Parkvale Road, just off Grange Road.
My favourite place is here.
Our family cemetery, going back to my great-great-great grandmother Olivia Kensington who was buried there in 1896.
One of her daughters lived in this house.
Who said dead people are boring? Even their tall, mossy gravestones are fascinating.



