
:: Wednesday, January 05, 2005
On the other hand…
In my heart are many places
Cluttered rooms and empty spaces
Boxes crammed with memories old
Of broken china, bands of gold
Blank pictures that I cannot paint
Lyrics that my voice would taint
Music that I cannot play
And concepts that I can’t convey
Feelings so long unexpressed
And two large fledglings in my nest
An empty place where love should live
Hands filled with things they long to give
Sometimes knowings not enough
That things are rotten, times are tough
Most people come into their own
When hearts are given, never loaned
Dignity and justice go
Along with truth and love, you know
And disappear as life turns beige
Without a wisdom lined with age
These sentimental values rule
For not all is the gold of fools
And help to fill those empty spaces
For my heart is filled with many places

Cluttered rooms and empty spaces
Boxes crammed with memories old
Of broken china, bands of gold
Blank pictures that I cannot paint
Lyrics that my voice would taint
Music that I cannot play
And concepts that I can’t convey
Feelings so long unexpressed
And two large fledglings in my nest
An empty place where love should live
Hands filled with things they long to give
Sometimes knowings not enough
That things are rotten, times are tough
Most people come into their own
When hearts are given, never loaned
Dignity and justice go
Along with truth and love, you know
And disappear as life turns beige
Without a wisdom lined with age
These sentimental values rule
For not all is the gold of fools
And help to fill those empty spaces
For my heart is filled with many places



