:: Friday, January 07, 2005

Dear John


Do you remember that advertisement for BASF cassette tapes that was a US Army camp where this dweeb-looking bloke here



got a Dear John letter from his girlfriend in song format? And the sergeant said “play it again John” at the end. I have a feeling the singer might have been Beaver. Or was it that incredibly talented Jackie woman whose name escapes me?

“Dear John,
Oh how I hate to write.
Dear John,
Oh how I miss you so, tonight.
But my love for you has gone,
So I’m sending you this song.
Tonight I’m with another.
You’ll like him John,
He’s your brother.
So adieu to you forever.
Dear John. “

No, I don’t remember it either. Wait until I don’t remember the Chesdale Cheese ad as well :-)

I sent out a few of my own “Dear John” letters last week. I got sick of always eating shit sandwich from a few people and handed out some sandwiches of my own. No cheese and hold the mayo.

I’ve gone right off eating. Funny that.

Hello, hello, hey is that you?
I thought I’d ring so I could hear
What’s been happening in your life
I have ten minutes I can spare

We’ve been so busy doing things
Tidying up the yard
And going on our holidays
Thank God for credit cards!

Having parties, seeing friends
Rushing all about the place
Oh dear I think your email
Must be lost in cyber space

Oh well, dinner’s nearly ready
So I guess I’d better go
It’s been really good to talk to you
We’ll catch up soon, you know.