:: Thursday, March 24, 2005

Stumblin' in


Oooooooohhhh, do you remember the band Smokie? And that luscious, lovely Chris Norman up front on lead vocals?



He still makes me go all week at the knees.

What about their song in 1976, Living next door to Alice?

"Oh, I don't know why she's leaving,
Or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons
But I just don't wanna know
'Cos for 24 years
I've been livin' next door to Alice"


In the 90s, some dweeb added an addendum (as ya do) of "Alice, Alice, who the fuck is Alice". I can thank Shari for my kids learning that version.

Then there was the duet with he did with Suzi Quatro in 1978, "Stumblin' In".



**sigh**

Anyway, speaking of stumbling, I have this outstanding new extension for Firefox called "Stumble". Funny that. What is does is stumble around the internet, dropping in to random pages based on the subject matter you tick as being of interest to you when you install it. In other words, it doesn't dish anything sicker than the puppy wot sets it up.

Oops. Anyhooo, it gets a big 9/10 on the UberZip scale of things wot have ultimate coolness.

So there.

It's definitely cooler than my teeth are after the visit to the Murder House today. At least I can feel my nose again, that's always a good start, hmmm?

I'm going to start a Random Daily Stumble for ya. You can bet the links will be good. Even better than an anaesthetic needle in the gum.

Would I lie to you?