
:: Saturday, August 20, 2005
What colour is your Tribble?
In December 1967, Capt. James Tiberius Kirk was faced with a plague of small, cute and furry critters which stole the hearts of his crew and threatened to overrun his ship.

It wasn't an envious position to be in.
Now, almost 40 years later, the tribbles have crossed the world (or the Galaxy and time, which ever you prefer) and have settled down at Popcap Games in the form of Chuzzles.

Chuzzles are small, furry little critters that you drag around the screen and score points. A typical visually rich, timewaster game from Popcap. Just the way I like them. And while I have played nearly all the games Popcap make, this one is a little different to most of them because you score your points by dragging the Chuzzles across the screen so that when 3 or more are in touching proximity, they explode.
Yes, that's right... to succeed at this game one must become a murderer of small, furry critters.
Now, Jamie first got me onto this game and I'm still reeling at the shock of finding out that this thoughtful, caring and spiritual person stoops to killing helpless creatures for pleasure and gratification, albeit virtual ones. I mean, this is the man who can't shoot a rat in a cage without expending multiple bullets. I am stunned. How could anyone kill one of these? I mean look at this face, will ya?

I think I seriously need to harden up, or choose a more peaceable kind of friend.
Speaking of hardening up, I am getting very sick very quick now and there might be a gap in blog posts for a day or few. Bear with me, I'll be back as soon as health permits. Stay tuned regulars...


It wasn't an envious position to be in.
Now, almost 40 years later, the tribbles have crossed the world (or the Galaxy and time, which ever you prefer) and have settled down at Popcap Games in the form of Chuzzles.

Chuzzles are small, furry little critters that you drag around the screen and score points. A typical visually rich, timewaster game from Popcap. Just the way I like them. And while I have played nearly all the games Popcap make, this one is a little different to most of them because you score your points by dragging the Chuzzles across the screen so that when 3 or more are in touching proximity, they explode.
Yes, that's right... to succeed at this game one must become a murderer of small, furry critters.
Now, Jamie first got me onto this game and I'm still reeling at the shock of finding out that this thoughtful, caring and spiritual person stoops to killing helpless creatures for pleasure and gratification, albeit virtual ones. I mean, this is the man who can't shoot a rat in a cage without expending multiple bullets. I am stunned. How could anyone kill one of these? I mean look at this face, will ya?

I think I seriously need to harden up, or choose a more peaceable kind of friend.
Speaking of hardening up, I am getting very sick very quick now and there might be a gap in blog posts for a day or few. Bear with me, I'll be back as soon as health permits. Stay tuned regulars...



