:: Friday, August 12, 2005

Animalia


You've seen a flock of sheep, right? Seen a covey of quail and a school of fish? Herd of cows? Of course you've heard of cows.

Have you heard of a business of ferrets? What about an array of hedgehogs (no wonder programming was such a prickly subject for me)? A flange of baboons (hehe sounds like grubby monkey sex)? A bloat of hippopotomi or a parliament of owls? A carpet of vultures, a pack of weasels (ooooh I though they started with "C"); a pomp of pekingese (ick, it's a rat), a surfeit of skunks (wouldn't one be a surfeit, really?); or my personal (non-)favourite, an intrusion of cockroaches.

What a fucking understatement THAT is.

I looked in the mirror last night (yes, yes, I know I said I had given that up, I lied) and noticed that my all-over skunk look was really a nasty case of regrowth becoming graygrowth.

So I dyed it. Now I look like an early middle aged woman who dyes her hair, instead of looking like a early middle aged woman who used to dye her hair and really shouldn't have stopped. There is a subtle but very important difference.

There bloody is so.

I've been sitting here listening to/watching some of my music videos; stuff like The Hollies and Gary Moore, Creed, Sting and Springsteen and U2. But not Judas Priest, it's a bit late at night for that.

Holies
Gary Moore
Creed
Sting and Springsteen
Bono

And then I watched Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar spoofing Lord of the (Cock)Rings. If you haven't seen this, you have to download it. If you have, go watch it again.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/keywords/jackblack/

PS - Google sez that skunk marijuana makes a damned fine doob. Ain't it funny the things you learn whilst blogging late at night.