
:: Friday, April 21, 2006
Rebuild reprised
I bit the bullet today and rebuilt my PC. Eight hours plus of installing and configuring and backup image making and I am now on XP - and disliking every minute of it. I dunno whether it's Ol' Shitbox's dodgy motherboard to blame or simply the onboard video sharing RAM, but it runs like a really slow-running thing despite theoretically having more than enough grunt to cope. And that's just browsing the web.
It's real purty, just the same - so clean and uncluttered...

Bet that won't last long; either I'll fill it up with crap again or I'll get sick of waiting for it to do shit and go back to W2K, which may be the slowest Windows OS to boot up but it doesn't come to a crashing halt because it has to share 32 meg of it's 512 RAM with the video card when it's set to 32bit colour.
Unlike XP.

It's real purty, just the same - so clean and uncluttered...

Bet that won't last long; either I'll fill it up with crap again or I'll get sick of waiting for it to do shit and go back to W2K, which may be the slowest Windows OS to boot up but it doesn't come to a crashing halt because it has to share 32 meg of it's 512 RAM with the video card when it's set to 32bit colour.
Unlike XP.



