
:: Tuesday, July 18, 2006
The sky is falling
Imagine being a pygmy in the wopwops of Africa or a member of a primative tribe in Borneo and the space shuttle flies overhead, burning into the atmosphere ass first. That would be some scary shit, eh.
I guess that's what our foremothers felt when the Mothership used to visit to check up on our evolutionary progress. It was a piece of burning spacejunk that brought fire to humans in the first place, you know. It landed on a mammoth, so they learned to heat and eat right at the start.
And they didn't even have microwaves.
Anyway, I really like the space shuttle and I'm sitting here watching the live feed from Houston as this graceful craft prepares to land. I still get as big a kick watching them touchdown as I did the very first one. Maybe I would have liked to be an astronaut intrepidly exploring the universe, to boldly go where no (wo)man has gone before. Think of all the sleep I'd get in cryogenesis!
Space, the final front ear. Make it so.

I guess that's what our foremothers felt when the Mothership used to visit to check up on our evolutionary progress. It was a piece of burning spacejunk that brought fire to humans in the first place, you know. It landed on a mammoth, so they learned to heat and eat right at the start.
And they didn't even have microwaves.
Anyway, I really like the space shuttle and I'm sitting here watching the live feed from Houston as this graceful craft prepares to land. I still get as big a kick watching them touchdown as I did the very first one. Maybe I would have liked to be an astronaut intrepidly exploring the universe, to boldly go where no (wo)man has gone before. Think of all the sleep I'd get in cryogenesis!
Space, the final front ear. Make it so.



