:: Monday, December 27, 2004

Mind the paint


If you took every single colour and laid them all one on top of the other, do you know what colour you would get?

Me either. But I think this is something I used to know and it’s been lost in the myelin-munching maelstrom. Anyway, whatever the colour I’m sure I would look very sexy in it, especially in leather and 45 kilos lighter. Ahhhh, what alter egos we can conjure up to people our world with when the real world all has a busy signal. Just Me and my Evil Twin.

What do you mean, you thought I was the Evil Twin?

Colour is a subjective thing. It’s also very powerful and very clever. And it’s really bloody complicated.


But some colours are just too different to put together.

Once upon a time, I dreamt in colour and I recorded life in little snippets of relivable video and candid portraits of depth and vibrancy. Pictures in the third person. Now the archives have lost most of the videos and the pictures got left out in the rain. That really pisses me off.

Irish for Idiots.
Disparate:
1. Fundamentally distinct or different in kind; entirely dissimilar
2. Containing or composed of dissimilar or opposing elements

Disparaty is the polarity factor, isn’t it? It’s each side of that point where East meets West, North meets South. Good meets Bad, Happy meets Sad and maybe even Life meets Death. So what does that make that one little point where all things start batting for the other team? Is it Everything? Or is it Nothing?

Because everthing is something. Even if it’s nothing and knowing who and what you are is everything.

Finding that one point is like breaking Time down into its smallest, most infintessimal piece (which is, by the way, a planck). Ants are to elephants what plancks are to hours.

Methinks that would be some scary shit to contemplate if one were stoned.

I scraped all Colin’s signwriting off my car yesterday. It was my Christmas present to myself.

The freedom to be disparate.

“Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?
I’ve heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same
I’ve heard it too many times to ignore it
It’s something that I’m s’posed to be…
Someday we’ll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.”
Kermit the Frog
25/12/2004