:: Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Bad joss


I think it was in terribly poor taste for the one hit wonders of the 60s and 70s not to think ahead to the hassles poor schmuck internet users like me were going to encounter when trying to find out information about them 30 or 40 years down the track.

It should NOT take two Google searches and over 10 pages of results to find the name and country of origin of the vocalist/drummer of the band Jigsaw and their hit record status.

It just shouldn’t. Take note Pam, I’m still looking for the Vindaloo poem. One Google search should have been sufficient.

Anyway, it all came about cos I was making some cd’s for my mate Jamie to take up at New Years and I was playing the video of Jigsaw and thinking “Fuck me, that drummer was blardy gorjus” and wondered for a few minutes just who it was I was ogling and wondering why, for the millionth time, why the Hell I was born at the wrong time.

Anyway, Jamie and his wife are luffly, kind and considerate people so I thought I would make him some cds. I hope he pays me well for that glowing recommendation.

Inconsiderate people piss me off.

There was this bloody woman at the supermarket today. Geez, talk about a stupid, inconsiderate and ignorant. She parked her trolley in such a way that there was no getting past her without a bit of barging. Now, I don’t usually barge anywhere, not physically, but I made an exception today and the brainless cow had the cheek to tell me to be be careful..

I used restraint. I told her to pull her head in.

I don’t usually go for road rage or aisle anger, but I think having to physically intercede between a parked flash 4x4 vehicle and a fast moving shopping trolley shoved across the parking area to me by my son on the way in sort of set the tempo for the entire drag around the store.

I’ve gone right off children.

Point to Ponder: Diplomacy is the art of telling someone where to go in such a way that they look forward to the trip.