
:: Friday, April 08, 2005
a good roasting
I just lurve roast kumera. Especially roast kumera with a nice medium rare roast of hogget. Yum.
The problem is, all meat has become so expensive, and so have a lot of the veg that it's almost cheaper to go out to a restaurant and have a full roast dinner with entree and dessert than it is to buy, slave, cook and clean up after a home cooked one. In fact it IS cheaper - $13.50/head (I think) at the pub at Otumoetai.
So, to offset the cost of a nice roast dinner, I've decided that I'll harvest the last of the super tomatoes Ads has grown this summer (and make fried green tomatoes with whats still on the vine)

and we can dig over the plot and plant the 3 nicely sprouting kumera I just found in the bottom of the vege bin. That'll shut Reg up if nothing else
Speaking of plots... if you think we have a boy-racer problem here, with their spaced out, riced up jalopies, check out what the bloody Japs are doing to theirs:


Bugger cruising down the Ginza on a Friday night with one of these brutes breathing up ya bum.
YUK! Want more vehicular vomit??
What the hell are they putting in the RICE these days??

The problem is, all meat has become so expensive, and so have a lot of the veg that it's almost cheaper to go out to a restaurant and have a full roast dinner with entree and dessert than it is to buy, slave, cook and clean up after a home cooked one. In fact it IS cheaper - $13.50/head (I think) at the pub at Otumoetai.
So, to offset the cost of a nice roast dinner, I've decided that I'll harvest the last of the super tomatoes Ads has grown this summer (and make fried green tomatoes with whats still on the vine)

and we can dig over the plot and plant the 3 nicely sprouting kumera I just found in the bottom of the vege bin. That'll shut Reg up if nothing else

Speaking of plots... if you think we have a boy-racer problem here, with their spaced out, riced up jalopies, check out what the bloody Japs are doing to theirs:


Bugger cruising down the Ginza on a Friday night with one of these brutes breathing up ya bum.
YUK! Want more vehicular vomit??
What the hell are they putting in the RICE these days??



