
:: Sunday, June 19, 2005
Get rocked
What do all great rock bands and artists have in common? No, not sex and drugs.
Guitars.
Lita's got one (or is it two?).

So had (has) Phil Lynott and Gary Moore.

Brian May has one his Dad made for him.

Dave Gilmour's made us comfortably numb,

and The Edge defined U2's unique sound.

Clapton is The Master,

with Mark Knoffler not far behind

and Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge
took it from Country to Rock and back again.

But Paul McCartney's violin (or Beatle) bass
Hofner is the very best of all

because it looks just_like_mine!

Now, if only I could play it.
Shit, making that post was a lot of fun! No, Miriam, you can't have the Hofner. And don't email me and tell me I left out Hendrix - you know I hate Hendrix. But I'll post a pic of ya Washburn 5 string bass and ya Gibson if you send me another one, cos I can't find them.
UPDATE: Em's Washburn 5 string bass AND the Gibson.

;-P
Listening to: Are you kidding me? Scroll UP
Reading: more Anne Rice

Guitars.
Lita's got one (or is it two?).

So had (has) Phil Lynott and Gary Moore.

Brian May has one his Dad made for him.

Dave Gilmour's made us comfortably numb,

and The Edge defined U2's unique sound.

Clapton is The Master,

with Mark Knoffler not far behind

and Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge
took it from Country to Rock and back again.

But Paul McCartney's violin (or Beatle) bass
Hofner is the very best of all

because it looks just_like_mine!

Now, if only I could play it.
Shit, making that post was a lot of fun! No, Miriam, you can't have the Hofner. And don't email me and tell me I left out Hendrix - you know I hate Hendrix. But I'll post a pic of ya Washburn 5 string bass and ya Gibson if you send me another one, cos I can't find them.
UPDATE: Em's Washburn 5 string bass AND the Gibson.

;-P
Listening to: Are you kidding me? Scroll UP
Reading: more Anne Rice



