
:: Monday, July 18, 2005
Arse about face pt1
The dyslexic bus stop in Fraser Street.

I'll come back to this.
If I remember.
In the meantime, because I finished the shit-hot novel about British fighter pilots in WWII, I'm now 2/3 of the way through a book by Richard Bach and don't know whether to think it's brilliant or crap. It's light, it's peppered with lovely little positively-affirming and inspiring quotations. It's also not a big book. So tonight I went searching for info about him and his books. I have only ever seen one other of his books (Jonathon Livingston Seagull) and never read it. So, in this novel I'm reading, called One, he is proposing that he and his real life wife are totally soul mates as they discover that in our Father's house are indeed many mansions, only they are all being lived in concurrently by concurrent doppelgangers with whom they can speak and advise, learn from and interact. Their strong love for each other and deep spiritual and marital bond is a constant feature as he portrays them as themselves, with the addition of another "them" condensed into One body, at One with the universe. Called Pye.
There are people who consider this guy a spiritual guru, you know.
"One" is an imaginative allegory for the human condition. But the main characters are divorced now, in real life so what does that make Pye?
Back to the writer's block for you, Richard.


I'll come back to this.
If I remember.
In the meantime, because I finished the shit-hot novel about British fighter pilots in WWII, I'm now 2/3 of the way through a book by Richard Bach and don't know whether to think it's brilliant or crap. It's light, it's peppered with lovely little positively-affirming and inspiring quotations. It's also not a big book. So tonight I went searching for info about him and his books. I have only ever seen one other of his books (Jonathon Livingston Seagull) and never read it. So, in this novel I'm reading, called One, he is proposing that he and his real life wife are totally soul mates as they discover that in our Father's house are indeed many mansions, only they are all being lived in concurrently by concurrent doppelgangers with whom they can speak and advise, learn from and interact. Their strong love for each other and deep spiritual and marital bond is a constant feature as he portrays them as themselves, with the addition of another "them" condensed into One body, at One with the universe. Called Pye.
There are people who consider this guy a spiritual guru, you know.
"One" is an imaginative allegory for the human condition. But the main characters are divorced now, in real life so what does that make Pye?
Back to the writer's block for you, Richard.



