:: Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's the end of the world as we know it


Yes, your worst Bruce Willis movie nightmare is coming true today; put down those tools, put the jug on, eat a whole block of chocolate by yourself and let the laundry/vacuuming/bedmaking to do itself, for today is May 25 and we are all gonna die. I better go brush my hair, gotta look nice for St Peter.


A little Pearly Gates humour to go out with:


Jesus is walking through heaven one day, a little bored, when he passes the Pearly Gates and sees St. Peter talking with an elderly gentleman and decides to go over and hear the man's tale.
"Where are you from, old man?" Jesus asks.
"Well, I lived my life on the shores of the Mediterranean," the old man replies.
"Hmmm. I spent some time there myself," says Jesus. "What did you do for a living?"
"Well, I was a poor carpenter," says the old man.
"Wow. So was I," says Jesus.
"And I had a son," says the old man. "Well, he wasn't my son really, but a miraculous spirit came into him and he became a very famous person."
Jesus can't hold back any longer. "Father!" he cries.
The old man falls into Jesus' outstretched arms. "Pinocchio!"

I wish I'd got to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie before I went, though...

UPDATE:

Well we are still here, but then it's only just the 25th elsewhere in the world. I am stunned by the number of people that I have seen today saying that it's not the 25th yet in the Northern Hemishphere. Whaattttttttt? Northern Hemisphere? Are there really people out there really dumb enough not to understand how the international dateline works?