:: Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lost in Space


Even in the in the still of the night, we are still moving at nine hundred miles an hour and we look like this from Space:

Satellite image


I guess everyone has seen this image by now.



Wouldn't it have been cool to go out there, out into space, just once?

I wish I was an astronaut
Stowed safely in my pod
Tanned and fit and long and lean
With my billion dollar bod

A fancy orange suit I'd wear
Or a high-tech plastic shell
And in lieu of fancy showers in space
Aircon ducts would trap the smell

With sticky boots upon my feet
I could hang there from the roof
But it's really hard when upside down
To look suitably aloof

And all those fancy switches there
With their pretty flashing lights
Knowing me I'd hit the wrong one
And give myself a fright

Going faster than a fast thing
Orbiting around the Earth
I'd have to be so mindful
Of what my jalopy's worth

The world spinning below me
Always sunrise or sunset
Dark or light and hot or cold
And always dry or wet

In space there is no up and down
Just a vast, endless "out there"
So I'd need to take big nana naps
To travel any where

Cos, if I looked away from Earth
And gazed right out into space
Behind would be a cosmic fart
Where lives the human race