
:: Friday, August 05, 2005
FRIDAY
It's friggin' Friday. A very apt word is friggin'.
Friday is a bit different to many of the other days of the week. For one thing, many of us are looking forward to a couple of days off, a good sleep in, some fresh air or catch up on friends and activities and family. But that's not what I'm on about. Friday, like Monday is named for a woman.
Yup, one of the women back home raising the godlings was Frigg/Venus and Frigg/Venus was the wife of Mr Tuesday, Odin/ and, well, you get the picture.
Nothing like a bit of godly nepotism to keep it all tidy. It went well with the incest.
Dies Veneris, or Venus has the metal copper dedicated to her and copper is our metal du jour.
That reminds me of a joke about a bloke who put a copper chastity belt on his wife before going off to war. Shame I can't remember the rest. Then again, maybe not.
I wonder if he did it on a Friday, for the copper, or a Tuesday, for the going to war bit...?
Your song for today:
Friday on my Mind - Gary Moore version
Hey Tintin, I'm getting around to replying to your email. Thunderbird crapped on it :-)

Friday is a bit different to many of the other days of the week. For one thing, many of us are looking forward to a couple of days off, a good sleep in, some fresh air or catch up on friends and activities and family. But that's not what I'm on about. Friday, like Monday is named for a woman.
Yup, one of the women back home raising the godlings was Frigg/Venus and Frigg/Venus was the wife of Mr Tuesday, Odin/ and, well, you get the picture.
Nothing like a bit of godly nepotism to keep it all tidy. It went well with the incest.
Dies Veneris, or Venus has the metal copper dedicated to her and copper is our metal du jour.
That reminds me of a joke about a bloke who put a copper chastity belt on his wife before going off to war. Shame I can't remember the rest. Then again, maybe not.
I wonder if he did it on a Friday, for the copper, or a Tuesday, for the going to war bit...?
Your song for today:
Friday on my Mind - Gary Moore version
Hey Tintin, I'm getting around to replying to your email. Thunderbird crapped on it :-)



