
:: Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Global warming
This does not refer to warming one's buttocks. Or one's breasts.
It has everything to do with the planet warming up.
It always warms up about this time of year, but maybe not quite so early. I have freesias and snowflakes and violets (oooooooooooh I love violets) flowering distractedly in the jungle that once was my garden. Dunno how the hell they survived this long.
But I digress. I'm good like that.
Spring is that fertile-earth-goddess shit happening Downunder. Because we are Downunder, we are a half year different from Upover. I prefer to think that we are ahead of them, personally.
Anyway, because we are so far ahead of them, it's springtime good and proper with lambies and daffodils and flowering cherry and plum blossom for miles and monarch butterfly eggs all over the remnants of last summer's poor swan plant. That's what that picture was a few days ago, remember?
This time 4 years ago, I was studying and working and didn't have time to worry about violets and butterflies. I was starting to get sick and I didn't have time for that, either. My MonSter and I have been co-existing for 4 years; I still cannot find it in me to like it.
Of course, no-one said I had to
;-)

It has everything to do with the planet warming up.
It always warms up about this time of year, but maybe not quite so early. I have freesias and snowflakes and violets (oooooooooooh I love violets) flowering distractedly in the jungle that once was my garden. Dunno how the hell they survived this long.
But I digress. I'm good like that.
Spring is that fertile-earth-goddess shit happening Downunder. Because we are Downunder, we are a half year different from Upover. I prefer to think that we are ahead of them, personally.
Anyway, because we are so far ahead of them, it's springtime good and proper with lambies and daffodils and flowering cherry and plum blossom for miles and monarch butterfly eggs all over the remnants of last summer's poor swan plant. That's what that picture was a few days ago, remember?
This time 4 years ago, I was studying and working and didn't have time to worry about violets and butterflies. I was starting to get sick and I didn't have time for that, either. My MonSter and I have been co-existing for 4 years; I still cannot find it in me to like it.
Of course, no-one said I had to
;-)



