:: Thursday, July 20, 2006

Letter to Daddy


Yo, God... it's me.

How you doing anyway? Keeping busy and out of trouble and not getting rained on? No, I don't suppose you have a lot of rain where you are. It's been a funny few weeks, God, you know wars and pestilence and tsunamis and people being murdered and stuff. I mean, it sort of makes me wonder sometimes how you keep track of it all, eh?

There was that thing a month ago with those Kahui twins (triplets) and their warped family, you know the mother who's had 7 kids and two live with their daddy and one taken by CYPFS and one that no one seems to know where it is and the triplets in Auckland, born too early and one died but the other two survived for 3 months, just long enough to be murdered by one (or more) of their disgusting drunken Jake the Muss whanau while the rest of the family close ranks around these pissheads and lowlifes and the cops can't even bring the lousy bastards to justice... and that poor 66 year old teacher of the new entrants class in Tokoroa, minding her own business getting things ready for the new school term who got slaughtered by another lousy fucking lowlife in her classroom in broad daylight... yeah yeah, I know, Karma will get them and all that but that doesn't do a lot for a country stunned by the lack of basic humanity in the people we might be walking beside on the street, ya know?

And that little girl with cancer who passed over a few days ago, the one all those weird over-hormonal women wrote all those messages of love and hope and prayers to, lighting all those virtual candles and stuff until any poor buggers inadvertantly reading all the messages wanted to chunder all over their keyboards. Yeah, I know, it was supposedly about support for a family and all that but shit, Lord, what about all the other babies and kids dying of diseases, where's the same level of caring for them and their families? Oh yeah, I know - most of them didn't (and don't) make a big song and dance about it, like most people don't when someone is dying of cancer and stuff, just getting on with the living and the dying and maintaining their dignity and privacy. It sort of pisses me off though, God, that when they bury the poor wee mite today, tens, maybe hundreds of people all over the country are getting together in bunches and are going to release expensive helium balloons that eventually come down in places that aren't so good for some of your other Creatures and maybe slowly kill poor animals just doing their own thing, just like You ordained they should. And all the money they will waste on these things (cos there ain't no such thing as CHEAP helium balloons unless you buy them in bulk from the RedShed) could have been sooo useful to the Cancer Society and Ronald McDonald House to provide practical support for lots of people facing the same thing... you know the ones just taking care of business, but I guess herd stupidity is their right just like letting the balloons go is their right, as they so loudly proclaim... but I mean really, God, it's all about making them feel better and being seen beating their breasts while they wallow in this warped and hysterical self-imposed mob-mentality grief for a child they never even met. Quite frankly, I don't think the little girl would really give a shit, do you Lord?

Geez, some people, eh...

And then there's poor Flattie and his Mum with dementia, I mean, why? That's not very nice to do that to both his parents, really it's not. And Tobi who's all stitched up from so many surgeries she probably feels like a patchwork quilt. I know, everything is supposedly for a reason, but that's a pretty shitty stunt to pull on good people. Maybe you can do something REALLY retributive to those murdering bastards mentioned up the page a bit? You know, some of that good old Biblical "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" shit, but swap it instead for a bash on the head for a bash on the head, bruises for bruises and a broken femur for, well, you get the idea hmmm?

Yeah, I thought you might, Lord. I'll just leave things for you to deal with, ok? Cos, apparently you're really good at it and all that.

Cheers dude
Me