:: Saturday, September 30, 2006

Revisiting


On New Year's Day this year, I posted about things that go off with a Bang, and Top 10 Lists and why I don't ever usually do them.

The Blogsphere has been going off to the Meme, a "unit of cultural information that can be transmitted from one mind to another." Out here in the 'sphere, that's a top 5 or top 10 books/movies etc which a blogger tags another blogger to complete.

The Meme is the new black. But I liked the old black better and I don't do the Meme thing because I really can't be bothered; I'm too busy reading new books to talk at length about a whole lot of books I've already read.

Well, usually.

It's 2.30am; I wish someone would put my leg out and I could go to sleep. I know, I'll start a Meme and tag Flattie and then I'll be asleep in no time. Or I could start adding my books to the database and see what I've really got. That should take a while, they're piled up all over the place now that I've run out of bookcases.

Anyone got a nice solid timber bookcase 900mm high and 1200mm long they want to donate to a really worthy cause? Would ya give it to me instead?

Reading: Sarum....still. Well come on, it took 11,000 years of history to make 1344 pages, it's gotta be worth a couple of weeks to read it, going slow and taking it all in.
Listening to: George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

PS Hands up who that was sunbathing in The Hague when the satellite went over.