
:: Sunday, April 17, 2005
Wendy's, Wendy's, YUM
Get your prime chili fingers at Wendy's today - sales are down so I guess the queues are as well.
I've heard of fast food, but not light-fingered fast food:
"16/04/2005
Reuters
Wendy's International has doubled the reward to US$100,000 it is offering for information on the origin of a human finger found last month in a bowl of chili at one of its restaurants.
In a statement, Wendy's President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Mueller said the company's franchisees and employees have "done nothing wrong, yet they are paying a severe price with sales down significantly" in the San Jose, California, area where the incident occurred." more...
And hey, if KFC (Kentucky Fried Cockroach) in Auckland can dish up exciting new dishes, I don't see why this company can't go one better.
It does give a whole new meaning to "I'd give my right arm for a bowl of Wendy's chili", though. What they might be putting in their chilidogs gives me paws for thought, too.
OK so it's a hoax. But there's someone out there missing a digit; is it you?

I've heard of fast food, but not light-fingered fast food:
"16/04/2005
Reuters
Wendy's International has doubled the reward to US$100,000 it is offering for information on the origin of a human finger found last month in a bowl of chili at one of its restaurants.
In a statement, Wendy's President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Mueller said the company's franchisees and employees have "done nothing wrong, yet they are paying a severe price with sales down significantly" in the San Jose, California, area where the incident occurred." more...
And hey, if KFC (Kentucky Fried Cockroach) in Auckland can dish up exciting new dishes, I don't see why this company can't go one better.
It does give a whole new meaning to "I'd give my right arm for a bowl of Wendy's chili", though. What they might be putting in their chilidogs gives me paws for thought, too.
OK so it's a hoax. But there's someone out there missing a digit; is it you?



